You’re thinking of buying a Simmons sd5x electronic drum set. But is it the right one for you? In this comprehensive review, we’ll cover everything from sound quality to ease of use. By the end, you’ll know if the Simmons sd5x is the right fit for your needs. So let’s get started!
The SD5X represents an exceptional value in electronic drum kits, thanks to its sleek, user-friendly sound module interface and dynamic pad surfaces for an enhanced playing experience. The sturdy design allows for compact setup and transport.
It supports USB/MIDI, has a “play-along” MP3 input, and a headphone output for private practice. A great kit configuration includes four drum pads and a kick pad. Cymbals can be adjusted in height and angle for a comfortable, custom-tailored fit.
- The Simmons sd5x is an excellent tool for both beginners and experienced drummers.
- It’s easy to set up and use, even for those new to electronic drums.
- The electronic sound module has an intuitive interface that makes it easy to access the many features and options in the kit.
- The pads are responsive and well-made, with a durable rubber-like coating that offers an excellent stick feel.
- The included kick pad is big and responsive, with a realistic thump sound when struck.
- The kit only comes with one cymbal pad, so more advanced drummers might want to purchase additional ones separately
- The sound module doesn’t have many effects or processing options
Simmons sd5x Features
- Hi-hat and cymbal pads are included in the 5-piece kit.
- Four snare, rack tom, and floor tom pads
- The kick pad has enough space for two kick pedals.
- 130 drum and percussion voices, both acoustic and electronic
- 14 drum kits with pad voice selection, reverb, and volume control
- 40 song-style accompaniment patterns
- All parameter settings are displayed on an easy-to-read multi-function display.
- Connections for input/output: USB, MIDI out, stereo line outs, MP3 inputs, and headphone output are all available.
- A rugged, lightweight aluminum frame/stand is used for easy transportation.
The Alesis Surge Mesh Kit is an 8-piece electronic drum kit that includes dual-zone mesh head toms, a dual-zone mesh snare drum, and an 8″ mesh kick pad. Mesh head drums are the best choice among electronic drummers due to their natural feel and ultra-quiet response. Alesis’ kit is completed by three cymbals, a kick drum pedal, and a hi-hat pedal.
All of these attach to the included 4-post chrome rack, which is simple to assemble. The cable snake connects this drum kit to the powerful Alesis Surge electronic sound module, which contains hundreds of percussion sounds, 40 different kits (24 Preset + 16 User), 60 built-in play-along tracks, and an auxiliary input for playing along with the music.
The Yamaha DTX540K Electronic Drum Kit features textured cellular silicone drum pads for an authentic stick response and a completely new setup and price point. Because the DTX-PAD pads have a similar feel to acoustic drums, they are easy to play, can help you improve your drumming technique, and fit naturally into a hybrid acoustic-electronic kit.
The DTX500 module includes 427 drums, percussion, and effect sounds for any musical situation, as well as extensive training features such as Groove Check, practice songs, and simple MIDI recording. It also functions as an excellent MIDI controller for virtual drum instruments.
The latest mid-level electronic kit from Roland blurs the lines between flagship performance and real-world affordability. The V-Drums TD-27KV features the same 14″ digital snare, 18″ digital ride, and Prismatic Sound Modeling engine as Roland’s flagship TD-50 kits. Nonetheless, the TD-27KV’s streamlined profile — a collapsible rack stand with 10″ toms, 12″ and 13″ cymbals, and a tower-style kick drum — reduces its footprint to a stage- and studio-friendly form factor.
The same powerful customizations that made the TD-50 a game-changer are available in the TD-27 module. Virtual head swaps, tuning and damping, snare wire and kick beater subs, and other features are available. Such changes are simple to make on the Roland TD-27: tap the pad you want to edit, and all available options appear onscreen.
The Simmons sd5x Electronic Drum Set is an excellent way to get into playing drums, and it’s perfect for anyone who wants an electronic set that doesn’t take up too much space. The sound quality is excellent, and the price is unbeatable for what you get.
We highly recommend this drum set for beginners and experienced players alike. Have you tried out the Simmons sd5x Electronic Drum Set? Let us know in the comments below!