If you have been in the drumming industry for some time, then you’re familiar with the name Pearl. This company has been a drum set market leader for quite some time, with Pearl Roadshow being one of their best products.
It is money for a value product. In this article, I am going to share some of the best things I see in this world-class drum set. You’re going to learn the ins and outs of the Roadshow.
Value for Money
- The package comes with a 5-piece drum set. So it’s perfect for beginners
- The kit offers the best tuning options. You can modify the settings for the genre you want
- It offers great sound on the shells. They are warmer
- High-quality hardware
- Stick Bag Included in the box
- The cymbals are not the best. You may have to buy a standard shell pack
- The drum kit tends to have some issues, producing slight overtones
- It can be hard to tune for beginners
Is Pearl Roadshow a good drum set?
It is a great choice for any drummer genre. As I have indicated above, there are different configurations for most types of music.
There is no doubt that Pearl is a great brand. For many years, the brand has been offering quality drumming products that are shaping musicians all around the world.
Note that, you can hardly find any material but poplar within this price range. However, affordability is among the aspects that make this product worth buying.
You may need to spend some time learning how to manipulate the sound of the snare drum. However, finding the right sound for your snare drum totally depends on your style of music. I will talk about it in this Pearl Roadshow Review!
Is Roadshow from Pearl any good?
To answer this question, I would like to start by explaining everything about the Pearl Roadshow.
To choose the right drum, one has to look beyond the brand. It is essential to consider what the set has to offer and determine who the products are most suitable for.
It is no doubt that choosing a good drum set is not as easy as it sounds. On many occasions, drummers find themselves choosing the wrong products because they don’t know how to choose high-quality products.
But Pearl Roadshow makes your choice much easier.
It is a 5-piece drum set designed to drummers of all levels. First, the set is super affordable. It can fit into most budgets and it has an amazing sound. This is why Pearl Roadshow is a good drum set for beginners.
But there is more to this drum set. Luckily, this review will uncover everything you need to know about the Pearl drum kit.
What is in the package?
First, there are four different finishes to choose from in the Pearl Roadshow 5-piece drum set. There is jet black, charcoal metallic, bronze metallic, and red wine.
Therefore, you have four different colors to choose from. Everyone indeed has their favorite, so choose whichever one best suits your style.
In the box, you get:
- 22 x 16 bass drum
- 14 x 5.5 matching snare drum.
- 10 x 8 tom, 12 by 8-inch tom and 16 by 16-inch floor tom
- Two Pearl 500 series hi-hat stands
- One snare stand
- One bass drum pedal
- 14-inch hybrid hi-hat
- One crash ride 16 inch
- One stick bag
- Two drumming sticks
- One drum through
Many beginners worry about assembling their new drums. Fortunately, it’s not difficult. In any case, there are many video tutorials one can use to learn how to set-up a Pearl drum set. If that’s not enough, the set comes with everything you need to start your drumming experience.
Specifications and features
One of the best things I learned about this drum kit is its features. I have always wanted a drum set that would make me feel like I am in control. From sound to hardware, this drum kit delivers.
It comes with 9-ply poplar shells covered in a wrap. This feature offers extreme durability. Besides, poplar is a standard wood choice for drums in this price range.
As a beginner, you need a drum set that will see you through several years until you get your grip on the playing drums. Therefore, the set has to be sturdy and robust. The Pearl Roadshow could be such a product as it comes with a wide variety of “beginner-friendly” features.
Depending on the frequency and level of playing, Pearl Roadshow is built to last. You don’t need a sophisticated drum kit that’s not designed to take a beating. This kit will sustain through years of recordings and practice sessions.
Popular may not be as high-quality as maple, but you can hardly tell the difference. This shouldn’t make a huge impact if you’re a beginner or intermediate drummer.
The snare drums are on par with the industry standards. It will produce a snappy and crisp sound in combination with other hardware in the set.
The set also contains a cymbal stand, snare, hi-hat stand, and cymbals. The bass drum pedal and additional hardware, including a durable drum throne, complete the set.
It comes as a full combination of accessories and hardware. So, it is easy to purchase and simple to set up. Its price makes it even a more appealing choice that many other drum sets on the market.
But if you want more quality sounds, you may want to buy quality cymbals. The ones on this set could be better.
Note that the set comes with one hi-hat stand, one snare stand, and two cymbal stands. They ensure you have proper support for everything in the package.
As a beginner, you will have high-end hardware for your drumming needs.
However, if you are a more experienced drummer, you may have to buy a more reliable ride and hi-hat stand. Since you play it all the time, the chances of breaking are high. Additionally, the cymbals, as stated above, are not the best.
Don’t worry, you can upgrade the set according to your specific needs. Other hardware worth noting include:
- Bass drum pedal. The pedal comes as dual-chained single-chain hardware with standard configurations. Note, however, that it does not come with a bottom plate. But you will still get a few variations of drumming genres. It is more suitable for a student drummer that does not need much force.
- Snare. You may have to learn everything about dampening and tuning techniques if you wish to benefit. And chances are you will notice unusual sounds for a long time. As I have mentioned earlier, this is typical for 9-ply poplar.
Variations in Pearl Roadshow
No matter the style or genre you prefer playing, you can make different configurations with this set. You have versatile abilities to enjoy it in any situation. Such variations include:
- Pearl Roadshow Jazz kit. If you would like to become a virtuoso in jazz, then you should consider the jazz configuration. In this case, you will need the smallest-sized configuration. The good news is, this configuration lacks the second tom, which jazz does not require.
- Pearl Roadshow Fusion kit. A Pearl Roadshow Fusion kit comes with a smaller bass drum measuring 20 x 16 inches. It also features smaller toms measuring 12 x 8 and 10 x 7 inches. It creates a wonderful rock sound, perfect for alternative bands.
- Pearl Roadshow New Fusion. For a loud rock sound, this kit is suitable. You can use the 22 x 16 bass drum pedal and 16 x 16 floor tom for this configuration.
- Pearl Roadshow Rock kit. Many drummers enjoy the rock configuration. It comes with 16 x 16 and 14 x 14 drums with the ability to produce that loud rock sound.
About the company
When it comes to choosing the right drum set, it is always important to consider the brand. That is why we are starting this review by talking about Pearl.
Pearl was formerly known as the Pearl Musical Instrument Company, with its headquarters in Japan. But now they have offices all over the world.
Pearl is now a global brand, known for building the best quality affordable drum sets. Anyone interested in drums must have come across a few of their products.
Pearl started out in the 1940s. Today it owns many other renowned brands, including Adams.
The name Pearl Musical Instrument Company was adopted in 1953. This was around the same time the company decided to enter into the percussion instruments market. They started with instruments like timpanis, Latin instruments, and drum kits.
Pearl has maintained a top position in the drumming community ever since. Within this period, the company has been a great contributor to innovative percussion instruments. Today, it has become a definer for quality drumming.
There are a few aspects that make Pearl stand out from other companies:
- Superior Shell Technology (SST). This technology is a signature for the company. They’ve used it to build an amazing drum with a seamless seal.
- Humvee on the top on tom drums. Everyone knows Pearl drums because of this feature. It makes the powerful seal even better.
- A globalbrand. Pearl has three main arms; the Pearl Drum USA, the Pearl Music Europe, and Pearl Drums Brazil. They operate under the company headquarters in Japan.
Now that you know what Pearl is all about, lets get into the Pearl RoadShow review.
Are Pearls drum sets the best?
They are the best choice for drummers who prefer to explore different configurations of drums. They are the best bass drum of the category, and the sound is just amazing.
They usually have a powerful floor tom in their 5 piece models and an optional crash ride from the same family of sounds. And what about the drum heads? Do they get remapped? We’ll leave that up to the manufacturer.
As you can see from this visual, these drum sets are cool, cheap, and built to last forever. The wide variety of sizes and shapes makes these great for a variety of styles.
These features make these set a really great choice for both beginners and advanced musicians. Don’t like them, you can get other ones at much lower prices. If you want to know more, visit Amazon now!
Is Pearl Roadshow good?
I had quite a good experience with this drum set. Nice playing along by yourself and in front of a crowd, Your sound will surprise the crowd and you will have a good response.
I thought this would be a good drumset for me or for students at my high school. I did not know how durable it would be, but it turned out to be good. The material it’s made from is nice and easy to clean. I had no issues with it at all. Great value for the money.
It also works great with other kits!! If you’re learning a drumming style that you don’t already know the snare will sound solid and healthy to give you confidence in your playing.
I would say it has an excellent sound and the bass drum sounds amazing. When I finished watching our recorded show, I realized it has the best sound I have ever heard from a drum set. What can I say? Totally impressed, its sound is so amazingly good!
In a nutshell, Pearl is a market leader. The Pearl Roadshow 5-Piece Drum Set is proof that the company understands the needs of many drummers. Although the cymbals arent the best, the kit is generally right for beginners and is within a reasonable budget.